cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which to buy T5i(700D) or T6i(750D)?

nojima
Apprentice

Hey everyone I've always wanted to buy a DSLR and get into photography and videography. From my little research I've concluded that either the t5i or the t6i will be the best for the function i want it(photos, videos/short films/vlogs) and is in my budget. I want the camera as my hobby, nothing professional. The t6i is obviously better than the t5i but for 150€ difference is it worth it more? I mean I'm a beginner after all and I've only shot with my phone, i dont know anything about aperture, shutter speed, iso etc. What do you guys suggest?

3 REPLIES 3

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

What is your budget to spend on a camera. Since these are older bodies. Canon no longer repairs them if they were to fail.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

On one hand, you could spend a small amount on an older DSLR and definiteliy begin learning.   B&H Photo is one reseller that has a new Rebel T7 for $400 as of this writing.  You could go for less expensive models, but they'd either be refurbished or used.

On the other hand, thinking about things for the longer term, I would recommend the EOS R50 with 18-45mm lens.   This is currently $800.

If your budget would allow for it, I would definitely lean towards the EOS R50.

If you cannot yet afford that, I would then recommend to get the least expensive Rebel DSLR you can find.  However, please ensure to purchase from an authorized Canon reseller and hopefully there would be at least some type of warranty.   Then, continue to save up towards a newer camera that will take you much further into the the future.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Keh Camera is a reliable site for buying and selling camera gear.

Screenshot 2023-03-28 180840.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements