cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where in the menu on the Canon 80D can I find how to set bracketing?

pixeltaker
Contributor

I know I can set bracketing by going to the menu on the LED screen, but I would like to set bracketing on the 80D Camera's menu so I can access it when I'm ready to use it.  I don't know if or where to find that.  Any help will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

Auto Exposure Bracketing is covered on page 201 and 202 of the 80D user manual. 

Mike Sowsun

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The menus are a little complicated as there are multiple settings associated with how bracketing behaves.  The Bracketing Menu settings should appear in the C.Fn.1 menus.  These control exposure and are located under the Orange camera icon to the right, not the red camera icon to the left.  For detailed explanation of each setting I must refer you to the full User Guide that is available for download from the EOS 80D Support Page.

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/eos-80d 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you for your input. 

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

What kind of bracketing are you talking about and what mode is the top mode dial set to. Or are you trying to use Flash Exposure Bracketing.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

The top dial is set to aperture priority. Not flash exposure bracketing. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could set AEB in the menu (red menu #2) and assign your settings to a Custom Shooting Mode (C1 or C2) on the dial. Then when you need it, use that Custom Shooting Mode. You could also create a My Menu Tab in the green menu and add the AEB setting to that tab for easier access (page 440 in the full manual). Another option is to use the Q button to set AEB.

Screenshot 2023-07-04 122548.jpg

I’ve been using the Q button but I knew there was another way to save the bracketing settings without having to go to the Q button each time. 

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Have you considered using one of the c1- c3 custom modes?  You can set up all the bracketing features and register them as a custom set. (suggest you register the default settings to C1 so you can go back to them if you ever have an issue).

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no C3 mode on the 80D, only a C1 and C2 mode. See my reply from the manual on setting Custom Shooting Modes above.

True, I was staring at mine and never noticed!  Thanks for that.  Still, the principle holds true - the C modes are great for switching to groups of custom settings.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements