cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where in the menu on the Canon 80D can I find how to set bracketing?

pixeltaker
Contributor

I know I can set bracketing by going to the menu on the LED screen, but I would like to set bracketing on the 80D Camera's menu so I can access it when I'm ready to use it.  I don't know if or where to find that.  Any help will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

Auto Exposure Bracketing is covered on page 201 and 202 of the 80D user manual. 

Mike Sowsun

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

I'm surprised by that. When did Canon make that change. My old EOS 40D has C1, C2 & C3. So does my 5D Mark IV minus all of the Fully Automated shooting modes. No professional would need or use them anyway.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Hi Demetrius:
Well, I actually took that for granted too, as historically all the various camera I have seen that have C modes had the 3 C-setting options.  Still, 2 is sufficient for most folks.
I'm not sure I agree with you on the comment "No professional would need or use them anyway".  🙂 I realize I am no longer a pro, since I have retired, but I actually use the C-settings quite a lot on my R-series bodies for different scenarios for wildlife settings, e.g. tracking for example on the R6 has three scenarios and unlike the R6II there is no auto options (Canon, it would surely be possible to add that to a firmware update), so I have those setting plus some other custom ones combined in the different C modes.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I was not talking about the C-Modes those can stay. But they Fully Automated shooting modes such as Sports, Night, Food, ECT. Canon would NOT put that on a professional grade camera.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Ah, I see what you mean. 🙂
Well, certainly speaking for myself, I have never used those creative modes, I stick to M, Av, and rarely Tv.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Well technically you use the creative zone. Canon calls M, Av, Tv, P, Fv (and the removed DEP & A-DEP) modes are the creative zone. The Basic Zone would be Full Auto (Green Square), Sports, Night, Macro ECT. I rarely use Tv or P Modes too. I use Av Mode the most the Manual. When the camera may over or underexpose the picture. But I could easily add exposure compensation in Av Mode. But I don't since the EOS 40D's Auto ISO stays at ISO 400 in Manual Mode. Canon's Auto ISO is much better on the 5D Mark IV. Also in the EOS R series too.

-Demetrius

Well, technically I'll give you that! But I think you know what I mean.   Definitely flagship and advanced prosumer cameras don't seem to have a lot of the massaging modes where the camera takes more control.  They have their place, without doubt, but when one is buying the higher end stuff it's not unreasonable to expect that a purchaser will have the skills to fully control the processes of using it.

cheers, TREVOR

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

Auto Exposure Bracketing is covered on page 201 and 202 of the 80D user manual. 

Mike Sowsun
Announcements