cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's in the box

Arcade
Contributor

It annoys me that canon added a non broiled wide strap to the t6i. For the money I spent I feel like i should have gotten a wide strap like the t5i, t6, t4i...

Canon EOS Rebel T6i / 18-55mm IS STM
12 REPLIES 12

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

What is a "non broiled wide strap"?   The neck strap?

I didn't really look at the straps but I thought they all looked the same.  At least the ones my camera store had.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

BTW, I prefer and use the straps from CPS.  I have half a dozen or so of them.  Not a CPS member?  They are the very same strap that Op/tech sells.

EB

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

I don't own a T6i, but I'm looking at Canon's T6i page in the "What's in the box" category and that looks exactly like the same strap that comes with every other Rebel model.   It's also the same strap that comes with all the DSLRs except in the mid-range and above they embroider the camera model name into the strap.

I prefer sling straps (much more comfortable for all-day use -- especially if it's a heavy camera & lens.)  So I ended up removing the factory strap.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

The t6i strap is the EW-300D, The t5i is the EW-100DB IV, The t6 is the EW-400D

For the t5i, t6 the words canon, eos are embroiled and for the t6i the words are painted in white.

ebiggs1 I've never heard of cps can you link me?

Canon EOS Rebel T6i / 18-55mm IS STM

I'll second the comment about sling straps being more comfortable.  I really disliked the basic neck strap because it feels awkward. The camera is just thudding into your chest the whole time as you move, and it is in the way of your hands.  Especially with a larger lens. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

"ebiggs1 I've never heard of cps can you link me?"

I like and use the Black Rapid shoulder straps, too.  But they are not the best for a light camera.  They strut their stuff with the heavier gear.  Certainly not a Rebel with kit lens.  IMHO, of course, as always.

The CPS strap is free with a Gold membership in CPS.  However it is made by Op/tech and can be purchased by anyone.

It is a most wonderful way to carry your camera until you put a larger lens on.  Then the Balck Rapid is best.

cps strap.jpg

The one from Op/tech is about $25 bucks I think.

utilitystrap38blackhi2.jpg

EB

@JMY wrote:

The t6i strap is the EW-300D, The t5i is the EW-100DB IV, The t6 is the EW-400D

For the t5i, t6 the words canon, eos are embroiled and for the t6i the words are painted in white.

ebiggs1 I've never heard of cps can you link me?

Er... The word is "embroidered". I guess that's why none of us understood you at first.

"Embroiled" is a word too, but it has a rather different meaning.

CPS is "Canon Professional Services". The term can be searched for on Canon's Web site. (But like virtually everything else on the Canon site, it's not as easy to find as it once was.)

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I didn't like the neckstrap that came with the 6D.  For me, it was way too short.  As previously noted, a heavy camera just simply does not work well with the standard issue neckstrap.  So, I was looking to upgrade to something.  But, what?  Stronger, longer neck straps were not the answer.

I looked at slings.  And, then I looked at when, where, and how I wanted to use the neck strap.  After over a year of use, I realized that I was using the neckstrap to free up my hands to do something, or to rest hands and arms when they grew weary.  I do a lot of hiking around, frequently in the woods.  A sling was just a longer, sturdier, more rugged version of a neck strap.

So, I wound up with a camera holster.  I bought the Lowerpro Top Loader Pro 75 AW II, which is highly protective of your gear because it is so well padded.  I can hike around in the woods without worry of the camera bumping into something, loosing the lens cover, damaging the hood, etc.  Now, it serves double duty as my neck strap.  I highly recommend it for those who simply want to walk around with a full size camera and lens [70-200/100-400], but not be constantly using it.  It crosses the body like a sling, and it comes with an optional waist strap to stop it from bouncing around.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The first thing I'd do when getting a camera is to toss the strap that came with it in the closet.  My favorite strap is the Optech Sling Strap.  Simple, works great and cheap at $29.  Believe me, I've tried almost everything out there...and keep coming back to the Optech Sling Strap.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr
Announcements