cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What camera for Street Photography / Automotive Video

PixelPerfect
Apprentice

I'm looking to hone my photography skills more and am wanting to upgrade from my Canon Rebel T3. What would be a good camera for street photography, family documentary style photos, automotive photos and video? I only have one EF-S lens so I'm not bound to any lens mount platform. 

3 REPLIES 3

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

Based on what you've got and where you're going, I think teh EOS 90D would be a great upgrade. The Dual Pixel autofocus will allow for sharp movies even when the camera or subject are moving and its still relatively small compared to the EOS 5D series so it won't stand out as much while shooting street photography. The EOS 90D can also use your current EF-S lenses as well as EF lenses. Like most of the new EOS cameras, the EOS 90D also has a WiFi connection capability so you can use your phone as a remote with live view.

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/eos-90d-body?searchTerm=90D

PixelPerfect
Apprentice
Thanks for the suggestion. After further talking with my wife, we decided I’m going to wait to start a side hustle until our 9 month old is older. In the mean time I’d still like to upgrade from my T3, but at a much lower price point. This camera would primarily be used to document our lives. I’ll need something decent for low light high iso. Would the SL3 or 77D be a good fit?

steve1957
Contributor

Keep the T3. buy a EF-S 24mm 2.8 STM.  Shoot with that for a while.  Perfect for street photography and you sure won't find a lighter kit to carry around.  Bonus: the EF-S 24mm 2.8 is cheap and exceptionally sharp.  Need low light/high ISO, try a 80D.  Almost identical to the 90D and a lot cheaper. Even a T7 would be a nice upgrade that won't cost a fortune.

Announcements