cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pair EOS R10 with my iPhone and/or iMac.

LazyRancher
Contributor

It tells me to start the EOS Utility on my computer but when I try there is no R10 model in the menu.   There's loads of models, but no R10.  I have been trying to pair this with either phone or desktop and keep getting random error messages "No internet" "wrong password" "unable to connect at this time". WTF.  It's sucking the joy out of this purchase.  I have hundreds of photos and the only way I can view them is on the camera.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Give Canon support a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Give Canon support a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Use Bluetooth to communicate with mobile devices.  Doing so automates the Wi-Fi setup.  Use Canon Camera Connect.  

The built-in Wi-Fi does not mean the camera is fully networkable.  The camera uses Wi-Fi technology to extend the effective range of Bluetooth wireless communication, which is not known for its speed.   Here is a link to the Canon Product Support Page for the R10.

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/eos-r10 

Use a USB cable to communicate with laptop and desktop computers using the EOS Utility 3.  The USB connection will be much faster than the Wi-Fi connection.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

As @lazyrancher stated, when you try to download the EOS Utility it DOES NOT give you the EOS R10 as an option.  The worthless Canon web site sends you circles.  Going to the Product Support page for the EOS R10 is no help.  Every piece of documentation including the EOS R10 Advanced User Guide explains how to connect the computer and ALL of them tell you to use the EOS Utility which the Canon web site does not provide for the EOS R10.  Sorry, just very frustrated.

Screenshot 2022-12-26 190140.jpgScreenshot 2022-12-26 191143.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements