I have an EOS Rebel T7i camera. I recently had to get my MacBook repaired and my Canon software was deleted. I am now having trouble connecting my camera to my MacBook as well as my iPhone. Of note, I am NOT very technologically savvy.
I was trying to reinstall EOS Utility 3 from Canon's website. However, even though the download says Utility 3, only Utility 2 actually appears on my computer. It will not connect to my camera so I can download pictures. My Rebel's wifi is detectable on my MacBook and when connected my camera says "EOS pairing (connection) with the computer in progress. Start EOS Utility on the computer." EOS Utility 2 only allows selection of "Monitor Folder" the other options (Starts to download images, let's you select and download images, camera settings/remote shooting) are grayed out and you cannot select them. Eventually, my camera will say "Err 11: connection target not found." I'm not sure if this matters, but my OS is Big Sur version 11.3.1.
I also tried to connect my iPhone to my camera via Bluetooth. That does not seem to be working either as my camera is not detectable on the Bluetooth menu.
Is there an easy to solution to all of this. If so, can you explain it so a child could fix this problem? 🙂
Thank you so much!
Below are the steps to connect your EOS Rebel T7i camera to your computer through Wi-Fi. I would recommend clearing out the current wireless settings and establish a new connection.
1. Turn the camera on and press the Wi-Fi button. It will take you to a menu screen where it should say "Wireless communication settings" at the top of the screen.
2. Highlight and select 'Wi-Fi function' on this menu screen by pressing SET on the camera.
3. If it shows your computer on the screen, then select to go left or right (there will be an arrow on each side of the screen). Select the icon which has an image of a computer. It will be located to the right on the top row.
4. Select 'Edit device information' and then select your computer which will be listed.
5. Select 'Erase connection information' and select 'OK' on the bottom right of the screen.
6. Select 'Easy connection' and select 'OK' on the bottom right of the screen.
7. Select 'Register a device for connection'.
8. Select 'Do not display' in case it shows this option.
9. The camera will provide you with the name of the camera's network it's broadcasting as well as the new password.
10. Go to the Wi-Fi icon on the top right of your computer’s screen. Clicking on this will show nearby networks. Select the camera’s SSID and then enter in the new password.
11. After connecting the computer to the camera's Wi-Fi, the camera will display “Start pairing devices”. Select “OK”.
12. Open the EOS Utility launcher on your computer which will only show as "EOS Utility". Then select the small button labeled “Pairing over Wi-Fi/LAN” which is towards the bottom left corner of the window. This will open a smaller window where we will see the camera listed. Select the camera and then select “Connect”.
13. The camera will then show that it has found your computer. Click “OK” to confirm. EOS Utility 3 will then open on your computer allowing it to communicate with the EOS Rebel T7i.
Let's follow the steps below to establish a new connection between the iPhone and the camera.
1. With the camera powered on, press the "Menu" button. Navigate to the first tools tab which is labeled in yellow and has a symbol of a wrench.
2. Highlight and select "Wireless communication settings" on this menu screen by pressing SET on the camera.
3. Highlight and select "Wi-Fi function" on this menu screen by pressing SET on the camera.
4. Select the icon which has an image of a cell phone.
5. Select "Register a device for connection" and press the SET button.
6. Choose "Do not display".
7. The camera will display its network name / SSID that it's broadcasting and the password.
8. Go to the Wi-Fi network screen on your phone, select the camera to connect to and then enter in the new password when prompted.
9. After connecting to the camera's Wi-Fi on the phone please navigate and open the Canon Camera Connect app. Please wait up to 30 seconds until you see a window pop up which will state "New camera found". It will display the camera within this window. Tap on your camera model to connect to it.
10. On the back of your camera you will see your phone appear on the LCD screen. Press "OK" on the bottom right. This will finalize the handshake between the two devices.
Let's test this to see if it resolves the issue. In case you are continuing to experience issues then you may reach out to our phone support team for further assistance. They can be reached at 1-800-652-2666, Monday through Friday between 9:00 am to 9:00 pm ET and Saturday between 9:00 am to 7:00 pm ET.