cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trash, Review, and Exposure Compensation Functions Not Working on 5dm3

dlyngard
Apprentice

Maybe I pressed a wrong button or set something weird in menu but all of a sudden none of these three functions is working. Anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on? Thanks for your help. 

6 REPLIES 6

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Do you have a lock button?

I ended up resetting all the camera functions and that did the trick.

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

I grabbed my 5D III ... but I don't think I can replicate this.

Exposure compensation would only be available in "P", "Tv", or "Av" modes.

If I throw the lock switch, then rolling the rear dial will cause the word "LOCKED" to appear in red where the exposure compensation info is display (momentarily as you attempt to turn it).  So clearly the camera knows I'm trying to change it, but it's locked.

But I can always use the review button and I can always click the trash button to delete any image that I'm reviewing.  I don't know of any way to override that capability.

This makes me wonder if there's a bad internal connection and the camera doesn't know you're pressing these buttons or turning the dial.

You may want to contact Canon for support ... this may require service.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Thanks, TCampbell. I ended up resetting the camera and clearing all setting and that did the trick. 

That's cool (and fortunate) that it worked.  

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

" I ended up resetting the camera and clearing all setting and that did the trick. "

Number 1 thing to try when all else fails or things don't do as you think they should.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements