cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Photos from Mac to 5d mkii

mallard_78
Apprentice

Hi 🙂

Does anyone know how to transfer photos from a Mac to the 5d MKii please? I've made some aspect ratio templates that I would like to open on the 5d and then mask off the screen so that I can shoot in different aspect ratios and know what I will have to crop in post.

I've tried putting jpg images on the card but the camera says that it can'y open them. Has anyone found a solution please?

Thank you so much,

Jon

7 REPLIES 7

Wouldn't it be a lot more straightforward to just measure the cropping positions on the screen masks? Nothing more complicated than 4th-grade math is involved.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thanks Bob, as the screen on the 5d is quite small compared to the final film I was hoping to be as accurate as possible. I'll take your advice and get my ruler out.

Thanks again, Jon

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I suggest you do your editing in DPP since it can make a JPEG the camera cannot understand. The camera is not guaranteed to understand any other flavor of JPEG.

Thanks for the reply, I'll try it out 🙂

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON to be sure, but I do not think it is possible to upload a JPEG and view it in camera. (At least I couldn't make it work when I tried for a friend.)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks John, appreciate the reply. Could be something that Magic Lantern can do. If not I might try a hotshoe LCD. All the best, Jon 🙂

Just create a 3x4 (ratio, not size!) poster and mask that and shoot it.

Use something like this:

http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/technical/lens_sharpness.html

and you can check your lenses, too.

Announcements