cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There's a spot on my Canon EOS 7d Mark ll photos; changing lenses didn't help.

rachelbird
Contributor

The past few months I began seeing a smudge-like spot on my photos, although it's usually not obvious because of background colors, but clearly seen when shooting a bird flying against the sky. The spot remains even when I edit and save the photos. I thought it was a lens blemish, but using a different lens didn't change anything.

4 REPLIES 4

akashchandran
Apprentice

try nozzle check

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@rachelbird wrote:

The past few months I began seeing a smudge-like spot on my photos, although it's usually not obvious because of background colors, but clearly seen when shooting a bird flying against the sky. The spot remains even when I edit and save the photos. I thought it was a lens blemish, but using a different lens didn't change anything.

Sounds like your sensor needs cleaning.

Dirty sensor. 

Can you post a picture of the smudge?  If you are lucky it could be a loose piece of dust you can blow off with a squeeze bulb blower rather than an oil smudge or something stuck on that requires a wet clean. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

@ScottyP wrote:

Dirty sensor. 

Can you post a picture of the smudge?  If you are lucky it could be a loose piece of dust you can blow off with a squeeze bulb blower rather than an oil smudge or something stuck on that requires a wet clean. 

Take the picture of the sky with the aperture set to f/22, that will show if it is a dust spec or a smudge.

Announcements