cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The video is showing is Zero KB while connecting to PC (In Canon R5 with 64 GB Memory card)

Rahultj126
Apprentice

Hi , 

I am using Canon R5, the video was shows and play in the camera but, connecting to the PC the video size is Zero KB ,What should I do for get that  video.  I think this an serious issue. Give me a solution for recover the video.

3 REPLIES 3

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Rahultji126,

Your R5 has two card slots. How are you connecting the camera to the computer?

Are you using a card reader, or are you using a cable and the USB port?

If you are using a card reader, are you sure you are using the card that has the video on it?

If you are using a cable, I'm afraid I don't know how you get the download program to point to the right card. Maybe someone else who knows more than I do can help you there.

Steve Thomas 

AtticusLake
Mentor
Mentor

I think you should try using a card reader to copy your videos -- just connect the card reader to the PC, and copy files over using Windows explorer.  The USB connection may be sub-functional -- it is on the R5C, where you can't copy all file types.

I would recommend a card reader with both SD and CFExpress B slots -- that's what I use.

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Check to see if you have the proper permissions on your PC for the destination you're attempting to copy the video files to.  Or, perhaps the format of the destination cannot handle very large files (greater than 4 GB)? There could also be permissions issues with working with connected devices.

Using a card reader can lead to much better results, but still ensure that the destination on your computer has the proper permissions and is formatted to work with very large files.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
Announcements