cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T6 IR remote setting?

BHBELL
Apprentice

Got a T6 DSLR kit for a trip. Camera and lenses work as they should but, it came with an infrared remote shutter release. I can't find a setting on the camera to enable it. Does the T6 have an IR sensor, and if so, how do I turn it on?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

According to the image in Instruction Manual, there is no mention of an IR Sensor, which should be on the front.

Rebel_T6_Front_Diagram.PNG

The manual only refers to one Canon wired remote switch, RS-60E3.  I would ask the people who sold it how to use.  The only way I know of would be if you had an IR Sensor that plugged into the Remote Control Terminal, like the wired remote would.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

@Waddizzle wrote:

According to the image in Instruction Manual, there is no mention of an IR Sensor, which should be on the front. 

Specifically, it's usually on the front of the battery compartment, where it will be covered up by one of the fingers of your right hand. That's intentional: if you're hand-holding the camera, you don't need the IR sensor, and you don't want it to get confused by stray radiation from a nearby fireplace or other IR source.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Rebel_T6_Front_Diagram.PNG

The manual only refers to one Canon wired remote switch, RS-60E3.  I would ask the people who sold it how to use.  The only way I know of would be if you had an IR Sensor that plugged into the Remote Control Terminal, like the wired remote would.

Still waiting on a response from the dealer, Photo for less, by Amazon. Their ad was for a wired remote but they shipped an IR.

@BHBELL wrote:
Still waiting on a response from the dealer, Photo for less, by Amazon. Their ad was for a wired remote but they shipped an IR.

I would never buy anything more expensive than a paperback novel from Amazon.  Ditto for ebuy, too.

@Waddizzle wrote:

Specifically, it's usually on the front of the battery compartment, where it will be covered up by one of the fingers of your right hand. That's intentional: if you're hand-holding the camera, you don't need the IR sensor, and you don't want it to get confused by stray radiation from a nearby fireplace or other IR source.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

In other words, it will be on the hand grip.....

EOS_6D_Remote_Control_Sensor.PNG

Yes. It appears the dealer screwed up for some reason. Still haven't heard from them. May have to return the whole deal to them to resolve the issue If they stay silent.
Announcements