cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T5i 700D video recording stops

Lan205
Contributor

I tried to record a video this morning and the recording shut off after a few seconds. I keep seeing the 5 level indicator on my display. I don't understand about slow writing speed.  My memory card still has 75% space available and has a mix of photos and videos already on it.  I had no issues a few months ago when recoring videos.   I have never had this happen before.  I tried another memory card and it records videos perfectly.  Any ideas why my current card stopped allowing me to record videos?  Thanks in advance for any comments.

14 REPLIES 14

Have you tried another full size SD card? You can format it in the camera then try it.

Yes.  I tried a brand new card and formatted it. It seems fine.  I'd like to continue to use the old card so things stay in chronological order but if I have to go to a new card I will.  I just don't know if this was a fluke with my current card.  I don't want to leave so much space on a card.  Could the card be partially defective?  Just wondering since I've used many cards and have not have this issue.

You can try defragmenting your current card, that will free up space and will not delete any pictures/videos or just use the new card and conintue in chronological order. If there is a problem with the current card you are in jepardy of losing what you have on there so in any case copy everything off that card now while you can and don't take any chances

" I'd like to continue to use the old card so things stay in chronological order but if I have to go to a new card I will."

If you have "Continuous" selected as a file numbering option then inserting a different card won't affect file numbering or the date the camera assigns to the file.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

@Lan205 wrote:

It looks like the box is prechecked to do a low level format on the screen, so I'm sure that's what I did when the card was formatted initially

Good. Now do it again if you want, according to the camera manual, better performance.

Screenshot_20200604-205615.jpg

Announcements