cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T2i memory card wont insert

winman42
Apprentice

I'm having an issue with my t2i, where it won;t let me install a memory card. I had been using an 8gb Eye-Fi Mobi card for years with no issue. Recently the Eye-Fi card got damaged either by inserting into the t2i, or into my latop. Basically 2 of the plastic guides on the card snapped off, but the card was working fine in the T2i as well as the laptop, as long as I was careful during insertion. Today I turned the camera on, and the display says "NO CARD IN CAMERA". I tried removing it, and re-installing, but the error doesn't go away.

I then tried various other cards, and they give me resistance when trying to insert them. Other cards only go in 3/4 of the way. I obviously don't want to force the cards into the T2i, so i'm stuck. Odd thing is the Eye-Fi card is the only card that will insert.

Any ideas or tips?

thanks,

Win

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

winman42
Apprentice

Looks like the Eye-Fi card left small small pieces inside the camara, which was causing other cards to not work.

I used a needle, and a can or air to remove them. Other cards work just fine now, but looks like this Eye-Fi card is dead. 😞

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

winman42
Apprentice

Looks like the Eye-Fi card left small small pieces inside the camara, which was causing other cards to not work.

I used a needle, and a can or air to remove them. Other cards work just fine now, but looks like this Eye-Fi card is dead. 😞

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements