cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T2i Not Taking Pictures

Sjoplin
Apprentice

Canon Rebel T2i will not take pictures!! HELP

So camera will turn on just fine, all looks normal, go to snap a picure and it sounds like it's taking it, but i can't display the picture after.  Then in the screen it says "busy", the red light one the bottom of the camera stays lite, and it won't let me take anything else.  In order to get the red light to go off, i have to completely remove the battery and replace.

I've tried: Cleaning the lense connector, using a different lense, using MF mode (still same problem), using a different SD card, and using all the modes....but still nothing!

Everything seems to work fine as soon as I turn the camera on, I can change settings, scroll through pictures, etc; but as soon as I try to take a picture all of that quits working, the screen goes black, red light on, and the "busy" is on the display screen.  

3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I've tried: Cleaning the lense connector, using a different lense, using MF mode (still same problem), using a different SD card, and using all the modes....but still nothing!"

It looks like you answered your question yourself.  It's done.  You can contact a repair shop but I would guess it will be more than a working used T2i will cost.  Sounds like a good time to upgrade.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks for the sad news.  Ha ha, but i figured this would be the outcome.  Sad deal!

@Sjoplin wrote:

Thanks for the sad news.  Ha ha, but i figured this would be the outcome.  Sad deal!

If it cannot format the SD card, then it is likely done.  Make sure you're not using a mini-SD with an adapter.  Make sure you're not using a card that is too large.  Stick to one that is 32GB, or smaller.  Use one with the capacity that was available when the camera was first released.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements