cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solar Panel for Charging Batteries

chief
Rising Star

Will be going on wilderness back pack trip and am taking a 90d and 1DX Mll anybody know of a good light weight solar pannel for charging batteries?

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Do you have the 12 V car charger already? How many Amps do they take?

Peter
Authority
Authority

Linocell 20W solar panel (842 gram) took 2h and 10 minutes to charge my old LP-E6 from 25% to 90%. The panel was behind a window during morning light. For charger I used Jupio Duo-charger (USB).

This will not work for your 1D X II.

thanks for info, still searching for !DX solution

grizzlu
Apprentice

First up, you might want to check out the Anker PowerPort Solar. It's known for its efficiency and portability, making it a popular choice among outdoor enthusiasts. Another option worth considering is the Goal Zero Nomad series, which offers reliable solar charging capabilities. Now, besides solar panels, have you ever heard of Home Energy Storage System? These systems, like the Tesla Powerwall or LG Chem RESU, are designed to store excess energy from renewable sources, such as solar panels. They can be a great investment if you're looking for long-term power backup at home.

TyrellLawrence
Apprentice

It's always great to see folks exploring the outdoors and capturing moments with cameras like the 90D and 1DX Mll. I hope your wilderness trip was a memorable one, filled with stunning photos and great memories!

Announcements