voomie
Apprentice
How do I get a shutter count on my t5?
4 REPLIES 4

Cesar1996
Apprentice

How do I get a shutter count on my t5?

Greetings Cesar1996,

I'm sorry but there isn't a way to check the shutter count within the camera itself, there's no menu option which would display this information. I would recommend sending the camera in to the Canon Factory Service Center (FSC) for the 18-Point Canon Maintenance Service (CMS) which includes checking the shutter count.

You may click on the following link to see a full list of the services offered with CMS. The website will also allow for you to begin online service request for your camera.

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/maintenance-service

If you decide to send your EOS Rebel T5 to our facility for the CMS then please include the following on a sheet of paper and include it inside the box with the camera:

1. Full contact information including return shipping address, phone number, and email address

2. Camera model and its serial number

3. Reason for sending the camera to the facility

With the camera, please ensure you remove all accessories off of it. You will hold on to the battery pack, lens, camera strap, memory card, and if possible, please remove the rubber eyepiece on the viewfinder on the back of the camera. Squeeze the sides of the viewfinder eye cup and carefully wiggle it upwards. It should slide off the camera. Since it's not necessary to include the lens please place the body cap back onto the camera. Wrap the camera in about 3-5 inches of bubble wrap and place it inside a plain, non-descript box. Please ensure there's enough padding material inside to prevent the camera from shifting during transit.

Ship the camera to: Canon Factory Service, 12022 Canon Boulevard, Newport News, VA 23606

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you have a Mac or iOS device a low priced software by Dire Studios can give you your shutter count.

Folks who haven’t used it say it won’t work and various other statements. 

I have used it on multiple camera multiple times and checked before and after sending to Canon for maintenance or cleaning. Results were spot on. 

But I'm an acknowledged techie. You really shouldn’t worry about your camera shutter count. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements