cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 30D - Should i buy?

Ezekiah_William
Apprentice

I’m conflicted at the moment,  i’m not sure if i should buy a canon 30d as a secondary camera when i already have a rebel t7? I mainly shoot portraits and sports! what should i do?

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

While we all have different needs, I don't think I'd invest in a 30D.  It's 18 yrs old. and 8.2 MP... You could have issues getting batteries, a small enough memory card, parts or accessories.  Some stuff might work, but by in large something that old belongs in a museum.  A modern smart phone could outperform it in the majority of cases.  If you are considering exchanging your T7 for it, I would not do that.  The T7 is 12 yrs newer that the 30D for starters.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

normadel
Authority
Authority

Why would you want to trade for an old 30D? If you want to trade UP, look at an 80D or 90D.

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

It makes no sense to me to trade in a T7 for a much older camera.  If you want to get an upgrade, then I support the comment from my colleague Normandel to get an 80D or 90D - these are worthy upgrades.
The other area for better quality images is your optics - which have even more impact.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

There are lots of options for you. As noted, the members here have shared great advice for you to consider. Not an expert on cameras but trade up if the budget permits.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"i’m not sure if i should buy a canon 30d ..."

Hmm, I don't know where everybody opined that it is not a good deal as a trade up. However, I see you are asking about buying it. In that case it is all about the money. If it is cheap enough and It works, go for it. Why not? You will not find it foreign to you and lenses and memory cards will not be an issue.

If on the other hand if you do mean instead of, yeah, probably not a good trade.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements