cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I upgrade by rebel T7 or upgrade my lenses?

Lkcphotos31
Contributor

I currently have a rebel T7 it works pretty well for what I have used it for so far I do a lot of motion and sports photography. The auto focus isn't great and it struggles in low light, theres alot of noise present not sure if its the camera or maybe I just can't figure out how to fix it. I have the 18-55mm 3.5 kit lens and a 75-300 f/4. So i'm wondering if I should upgrade my camera body first or put some money into buying a ef 70-200 f/2.8 lens. Please help!

2 REPLIES 2

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I have a T7 and am pleased with it. I also have those lenses plus two others. May I suggest downloading the manual and reading it while having the camera in front of you. I'm always surprised at what the camera can do. There are settings that that can help you with the types of photos you are attempting. I have taken sports photos...baseball leaving the pitcher's hand, baseball coming off the bat, runner with both feet off the ground, fishing line in the air. Nice thing about a DSLR, one can review the photos on the screen. I always learn something with the camera and the manual. Note the extra lenses I have in addition to the two kit ones.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

Lkcphotos31
Contributor

Yes I am very pleased with the photos I have gotten with it I take a lot of softball photos and they turned out great but I've been trying to get into football and other night time sports and it seems to struggle in low light conditions. The auto focus is slow sometimes it could be the 75-300mm i've heard its not the best lens. 

Announcements