cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOFTWARE AND CAMERA RECOGNITION IN MY PC for Canon EOS Rebel T7

Diegojara
Apprentice

Hi, I have an issue with my Rebel T7, my PC doesn't recognize my camera... I just started to use it but I made a mistake when I connected the camera to the computer, before downloading and installing the software... then I was aware that the manual says clearly that I shouldn´t do it in that way... so I´d like to know how to solve it?

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Shouldn't be unrecoverable.  No drivers are needed when you connect your camera.  Please clarify the following.

PC = windows or MAC?  Which OS version and build?

What cable are you using to connect the camera?

**If Wi-Fi is enabled, please turn it off.

Have you tested the same device/cable on another computer, does it work?

More advice once we know the above.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you Rick, I´ll double check the cable.. it could be ... regards! 

Diego

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Diegojara,

You talked about :"loading the software."

What software are you using to make the connection?

Steve Thomas

Hi Steve, I´m using EOS Utility

Diegojara,,

Have you double checked to make sure that you downloaded the EOS Utility software specifically for your T7? 

Also, are you trying to connect via USB or via WiFi?

I use the Canon USB cable recomended by Canon in my manual.

I start the EOS Utility software first, and then after it loads, I turn on my camera.

The connection starts right up.

I've also read that you should keep your Windows updated.

Steve Thomas

normadel
Authority
Authority

You do not need ANY software for  the computer to see the camera. A good USB connection will cause the camera to mount in Windows File Explorer as a drive, or on the desktop of a Mac or Linux machine.

You do not need EOS Utility simply to transfer photo files from camera to computer.  Disable it from starting automatically when connecting the camera. If the camera is mounted, you open it, open the DCIM folder, and there are the files. Just drag & drop them to wherever you want them on the computer.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Be sure to try the different USB ports on your computer, too.  Do not use a USB port expander.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements