cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotation of saved pictures Canon T6i Rebel / Eos 750D

Skolgi
Apprentice

Hi Folks

I use my Canon Rebel T6i / EOS750D with a teleskope for some Deep Sky pictures. But i have got a problem: I Disable the automatic rotation in "wrench 1" so i think thats it. But after the session i check my saved pics on the SD and see that some pics, where the Body looks upside, is rotated for 90°. And after the Teleskope made its meridian Flip the Pic is also wrong.
This is not a realy problem for the pics of the stars as the software calibrate the "light frames" to its right orientation. But when i do the correction Frames (dark and Flat) there is no stars on it to calibrate it to its right rotation! ANd later the final image is crap as the correction did not work well for dust, dirt and hot/coldpixel.

As my Buddy with the same camea suffers from the same problem i can say that this seems not a problem to just my camera.

So - is there a option i missed yet to dissable it for saveing the images?

I am happy for any help i get!

Thx a Lot!

FW: 1.0.0 Upgraded to 1.1.0 (bothe FW versions the same Problem)

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The auto rotate applies to situations where the camera is rotated to take portrait oriented images.

With auto rotate off the image will be oriented left to right on the camera LCD when camera is in normal shooting position. With auto rotate on the image will be oriented top to bottom on the LCD but it will be smaller.

Screenshot 2024-05-05 185702.jpg 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Skolgi
Apprentice

Hi John and thx for your reply!

But in my case i did it and deactivated the auto rotation function. I choose  "off" and in the info screen it showed me that auto rotatin is "off"

But on the SD-Card the images are some sidewards, some upwards.... and i need all of them in the same direction, doesent matter the orientation of the camera Body.

Greetings

Kai

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Hi Kai. 
The images are always recorded in the aspect ratio of the sensor in landscape orientation. 
The auto rotate options only affect how the images are displayed on the camera LCD screen or software that can detect the auto rotate tag in the image file. Not all software can do that. 

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART136901

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements