cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T7 busy and will not take a picture

reyjames
Apprentice

My camera was working fine and yesterday it would not work.   When I powered it up the back display was black and none of the functions on the back would work.  When I looked through the view finder there was a busy signal.  It acted like it wanted to focus but wouldn’t and the shutter would not release. 
I changed from AF to Manual focus and still no joy.  I changed lenses and still the same issue.  Changed SD cards still no joy.  
I can’t change settings because the back display does not work nor any of the functionality buttons.  
Please advise on what to do to resolve this issue.   Thanks in Advance.   Jim R. 

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Remove the lens (and re-install the protective cap in its place).  Remove the SD card.  Remove the battery, wait for a bit, then reinstall and power on.   If you're able to now get to the menus, try performing a camera reset.

If the camera though fails to work with lens and memory card, or fails after you re-attach/re-install those items, probably should call up Canon to schedule a repair.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Yeah it didn’t work.  I took it back and exchanged it.  I hope I have better luck with this one. 

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What is the storage capacity of your memory card?

Are you using full size memory card or a micro-SD card with an adaptor? 

Did you format the memory card in the camera prior to first use?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements