cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T6s Only Downloads Movies - No stills

Mike8
Enthusiast

I've been using the T6s with a microscope and Canon Utility software in order to take photos and movies of protists.  So far I've only been able to download movies from the camera.  There are no thumbs of photos to download.  When I take a photograph I can hear the shutter noise and a small prevew box appears in the upper left corner with the photo.  However,  after x-ing out the box,  there doesn't seem to be anything to download.  I also searched the computer hard drive for any photos with negative results.  Anyone out there had this experience?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Menus, tools, clear all settings plus clear all custom settings.

Next you need a SD card reader. Use your computer to view whatever is on the SD card. SOme computers already have a SD reader in them.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

First reset the camera to factory.  Always, always do that when something deesn't work as planned. Next make sure the SD card isn't in wrote protect mode. Get a card reader for your computer and use it to search the SD card for photos.

EB

How do you reset camera to factory,  and why would the card contain movies but not stills?  You realize that I'm using the Canon Utility to control the camera,  as well as taking photos and videos?  I'm using the camera remotely,  not directly.  Thanks.

Menus, tools, clear all settings plus clear all custom settings.

Next you need a SD card reader. Use your computer to view whatever is on the SD card. SOme computers already have a SD reader in them.

EB

Resetting the camera did the trick.  Now I'm downloading stills as well as movies.  Thanks for taking the time to help.  Appreciate it.  Mike

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

EOSU downloads still images directly to the computer. Movies are saved to the camera SD card.

Annotation 2020-01-31 144720.jpg

Annotation 2020-01-31 144840.jpg

Check here for your inages. xxx is your user name.

Annotation 2020-01-31 145057.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks a lot John and Happy Photographing!

Announcements