cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T3 get stuck and the shutter goes crazy

Sammillows
Apprentice

Hi!

I have a EOS Rebel T3 almost 6 years ago and now I have this problem when I'm taking pictures with day light and a good aperture and speed, but suddenly when I shoot, my camera don't take the picture and it seems like it has a slow speed or keep on the shutter process ... the red light is ON and the only solution to this is turn it off and take out the battery. After that, I can keep taking pictures but inevitably it happens again and again untill the point it goes crazy and I listen how open and close the mirror very fast even if I turn off... then I have to take off the battery so it stops... 

HELP ME PLEASE !!

Its not blocked mirror because my camera doesn't have tan function and I don't have magic lattern.

Sorry my broken english.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, Sammillows!

Please reach out to our colleagues with Canon Latin America for more information on how to repair the camera in your area here: http://www.cla.canon.com/cla/en/home

Thanks!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Sammillows,

Thank you for posting.

When this occurs, does your camera display an error message?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for answer Richard.

No, the camera it doesnt display any error ... Just it looks like the shutter get stuck and don't take the picture... :c what could it be? :c

Hi Sammillows,

Thanks for your reply,

Unfortunately, based on your description, your camera will require repair to resolve this issue. You may set up the repair of your camera at this site: https://www.usa.canon.com/repair.

Once on our site, click on "Request Product Repair". On the next page, you may create an account or log into your existing account. These options make it easier to request the repair of more than one product. You may also choose the "Continue" button to "Continue without an Account".

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I don't live in USA... I live in Colombia ... Do you know where can I find a Canon certified repair shop?

Hi, Sammillows!

Please reach out to our colleagues with Canon Latin America for more information on how to repair the camera in your area here: http://www.cla.canon.com/cla/en/home

Thanks!

Thank you very much!

I have the same issue with my EOS T3, however when you put the camera into the live view mode (where you see the image on the screen prior to taking the photo) there is no problems taking a picture. The issue seams to be when you view through the eye hole, then try to take a picture. The shutter opens and stays open as though you were taking a long term night exposure and the camera sort of frezess with the red light on until you turn it off. The only way to make the shutter return is to turn the switch to off, then the shutter returns no problem so it is not a physical problem or dirt issue gumming up the works. I have adjusted the apperature settings and times, reset the camera and tried several things but seems to be a software issue within the camera itself. Is this covered under warantee? 

Thanks, Jeff 

The shutter opens or the mirror goes up? Sounds like the custom function is set on mirror lockup to me.

Both the shutter and mirror open and stay open, you can see the image CMOS sensor and it locks open. It's not a setting, as I have reset it to factory settings and it does it in every mode (except video). Even if you are in full manual and set the shutter speed to a few fractions of a second. Also if you gently hold the mirror open/up with a finger, after you shut it off the shutter does close, so it's again not a physical issue?? it's weird

Announcements