cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RP Frame Rate with Clean HDMI out

iampeterfonda
Apprentice

Hi all,

I have an RP and a Rebel T8i that I often use for live streaming through a Roland switcher which goes into EcammLive. I set the stream to 720 as that's the max Facebook seems to do and it helps keep the stream running without glitches. 

I remember reading somewhere that when using the clean HDMI out, the 1080p video is set to 60 FPS.  Is the 60 FPS something that is comfirmed?  I ask because when shooting in auto the shutter speed comes up as 1/60 and if I understand the concept correctly (and I may not) when shooting at 60FPS the starting point shutter speed should be 1/120, shouldn't it?

I am getting more comfortable shooting in manual and wonder if I should make 1/120 my standard setting.

For background sake, most of my streaming is fiddle focused concerts and I feel like the motion in the videos isn't quite right.

Thanks for the help and any suggestions

C

1 REPLY 1

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

In terms of what actual signal is output, you'll need to check the manuals.  There should be a chart/table outlining the exact signal.  For example, 1080p 60i (interlaced).

In terms of shutter speed, for 60 fps, you can use 1/60 but no slower.   A common thing to do though with cinema gear is to choose a shutter angle of 180 degrees.  So for 60 fps, this would then be 1/120 shutter.  For 24 fps, 1/48 shutter.  For 30 fps, 1/160 shutter, etc.

While you don't have to go with this 180 degrees concept, maybe start with that and see how you like the result.  The shutter speed can always be used to drive creative decisions as well.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
Announcements