cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R7Mkii?

tsherid
Apprentice

I’m a longtime Canon owner, I bought my first in 1989. It was an EOS 650 film body, I paired to with the original 50 f/1.8 and the 70-210 f/4 zoom. My digital progression has been XT, XTi, 50D, 7D, 7D Mkii, M3 and 6D Mkii. I currently own the EOS 650, 7D Mkii, M3, and 6D Mkii.

My question is this: Since there is already an R6 Mkii, is there an R7 Mkii coming down the pipeline shortly? Since there won’t be a 7D Mkiii, I would like to move to mirrorless and replace my 7D Mkii.

Help!

3 REPLIES 3

Danfaz
Enthusiast
Spoiler

The R7 has only been out for 6 months.  Even the R6 II was released approx. 2.5 years after the R6.

amfoto1
Authority

Um, yeah... Danfaz is right.

The R7 is less than a year old. If memory serves, it was announced in late May 2022 and people started getting their pre-orders in June and July. The R10 was announced the same day, but was a little later before people started getting them, July and August.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7DII (x2), 7D(x2), EOS M5, some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The next R7 is rumored to be an R7 C (Cinema) version.  If it happens, it will likely be announced Q2 this year.

Still a rumor at this point.       

As far as a mkII version...  like the guys said, it would be years before this might happen.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements