cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R7 can't connect to WiFi - Camera Connect App

Alexbaransky
Contributor

Hello,

I have an R7 and I was trying to connect it to the Camera Connect app so I could import some pictures from my camera to my iPhone. I'm able to connect to the app using bluetooth, but whenever I try to import photos or use any other functionality, the app says "Switching to a faster Wifi connection" which just hangs and never completes.

IMG_0368.PNG

I've tried removing the camera from the app and re-registering it, deleted connection settings in my camera, and followed some steps to try to connect to the camera while it's off. None of these have solved my issue. Please let me know if anyone can help, thanks!

Camera Body: EOS R7 Firmware 1.4.0 (updated today)

iPhone Device/OS: iPhone 15 Pro iOS 17.3.1

19 REPLIES 19

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Al3xbaransky,

Try deleting the connection on your phone and re-installing it too. See if that helps.

Steve Thomas

Tried this too, I deleted the app from my phone and reinstalled. Also deleted the Bluetooth connection. I found a saved R7 WiFi network which I assume is when I’ve used this in the past, but I deleted it and still have the same issue.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Alex,

Thanks for starting a new topic 👍

Are you able to confirm the SSID name and password the camera is broadcasting?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick,

I actually don’t see a network being broadcasted by my camera. When I try to connect via WiFi the camera gets stuck on “Search for access points…Searching…”

image.jpg

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

The camera is the device that will broadcast.  It is the AP (Adhoc network)  This is my R5 C

shadowsports_0-1711758477044.png

Ensure the cameras Wi-Fi is turned on

shadowsports_3-1711759000679.png

shadowsports_4-1711759064944.png

Canon : Product Manual : EOS R7 : Wi-Fi Connection via Access Points (start.canon)

shadowsports_2-1711758887278.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Can you please share the steps you took to get to this screen? I must have tried every setting but maybe I missed something.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Link to the manual above. Follow the steps.  In #4 is where you'll see the camera's Wi-Fi broadcast.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

So step 4 is where I get stuck, haven’t been able to get past this point. This is where I see this screen and it hangs:

IMG_0377.png

Here’s a video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o5tZMaY6KAIMnYAyJZOC8kZikcG65FQK/view?usp=drivesdk

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Good video👍  I just followed your video and after I hit "Do Not Display" (QR Code for the CC App), my camera says Searching For Access Point, and after 2 sec it displays the Camera's SSID and password.

It has to be something with the camera's wi-fi profile.  I noted you are initiating a new connection (which is correct).  I have an Android, (working) so still trying to reproduce what you are seeing on my camera.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements