cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6mk2 corrupt files sd

Neilb
Apprentice

I've been shooting with the r6mk2 since launch and is an amazing camera. When viewing images via Bluetooth to tablet on cannon connect a lot of images showed ? And no image. I had viewed these fine on camera during shoot. Exporting, sd card in laptop, these files were corrupt and nothing could bring them back, paid or free recovery software. Any idea what happened? 

Sd card is PNY elite x Pro 90. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Unfortunately, not sure anything can be done.  Also not sure why this happened outside of the card went bad.  Try using a different card going forward along with recording to both card slots for redundancy.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Are you capturing RAW only, JPEG only, or RAW+JPEG?   I'm wondering if it were RAW images that you were attempting to view on your tablet and that there's no support for that.

What laptop and devices are you using? What software are you using on your laptop to view images? Or process the RAW images?

--
Ricky

I was purely shooting raw images. 

I was able to view fine on back of camera and via the Canon connect app on a tablet whilst shooting which I do regularly for the larger screen via Bluetooth. 

By end of shoot when reviewing images on camera they weren't showing and saying corrupt. Same on transfer. 

Laptop is a custom build by Chillblast and was importing to Lightroom. 

Have been shooting for 5 years plus without this issue and about 6 months wirh the r6mk2 without issue. 

Annoyingly I hadn't set dual card shooting due to filming the other day and using card 2 for video and 1 for images. 

Unfortunately, not sure anything can be done.  Also not sure why this happened outside of the card went bad.  Try using a different card going forward along with recording to both card slots for redundancy.

--
Ricky

Agreed, have accepted it is what it is. 

Just hope that's a one off and never happens again but new SD bought and settings changed back to record to both. 

Thanks for response 

Announcements