cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6ii is really glitchy

kn_s
Apprentice

Just picked up the r6ii as an adjunct to my R5 and found it very frustrating.  My camera's internal clock keeps resetting.  Get freeze ups and lockups in the middle of shooting.  Pulling out battery is the only way to continue.

In the middle of shooting, If I am in custom shooting modes, the camera goes back to the saved default.  And this happens randomly!  I like to register changes only once something is successful so have auto update turned off.  

Worst, glitchiest Canon body ever!  I had lock ups etc happen with Sony bodies but never with Canon before .   Using with native RF lenses OEM battery, and brand new sandisks formatted in camera

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Canon just released firmware updates for 5 or 6 RF lenses.  The updates were specifically related to using them with the R6 Mark II.

Your clock that keeps resetting is an issue of major concern, to me.  It strongly suggests that there is an issue with the mother board that goes beyond any sort of design flaw.

As far as Custom Shooting modes go, one has to register a camera configuration including what ever exposure settings you currently set..  The custom modes are designed to reset back to the camera configuration that you initially registered.  In DSLRs, the modes reset once the metering timer goes idle.

Custom shooting modes are not a storage slot for your current exposure settings.  If you do not want your exposure settings reverting back the registered defaults, then here is my advice.  Do not use a custom shooting mode.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you for the feedback, did not know that about the custom shooting modes,  This camera has so many sizes of af area etc that I enjoyed fiddling with, and that did have a huge impact on keepers depending on the size of the animal.  So was changing that a lot, and I had set metering time to very short because light was changing rapidly.  Explains that issue as user error.  On the clock, will see what is happening giving it couple more days   of all day shooting -- BH gave me an extended return window to Feb1, so that gives me some options.  

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements