cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6 mk2 V1.3 firmware not updating

TaurusRex
Contributor

I went through all the steps until the last screen where it ask if the firmware must be updated to V1.3. The OK button is grayed out and cannot be selected. My camera is currently on V1.1.4 firmware. Even when I tap on the cancel bitton there is no reaction. Only when I press the set physical button will it jump out of the menu mode.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I just encountered this same issue over the weekend.  I had two choices, [Cancel] and [Ok].  The default was [Cancel] ano [Ok] was greyed out.  I could [not] tap to click [Ok] or anything.

I forget which control used. Eventually I tried to move the “cursor”, because that is how all the menus work.  When I moved it to [Ok], it lit up and then [Cancel] greyed out.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

On my 5D IV, it's the large dial that I have used to move the selection from the Cancel to the OK button (clockwise spin).  Then using it's SET button to "press" the selected button.

I suspect this is the issue the OP is seeing; i.e. not finding the proper dial to move the selection from Cancel to OK.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Have you tried using the joystick or a control wheel to move the cursor?

Yes tried that , no joy !

I just encountered this same issue over the weekend.  I had two choices, [Cancel] and [Ok].  The default was [Cancel] ano [Ok] was greyed out.  I could [not] tap to click [Ok] or anything.

I forget which control used. Eventually I tried to move the “cursor”, because that is how all the menus work.  When I moved it to [Ok], it lit up and then [Cancel] greyed out.  

On my 5D IV, it's the large dial that I have used to move the selection from the Cancel to the OK button (clockwise spin).  Then using it's SET button to "press" the selected button.

I suspect this is the issue the OP is seeing; i.e. not finding the proper dial to move the selection from Cancel to OK.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thank you Ricky, I used the large dial to toggle from cancel to ok and that did the trick !

Thank you Waddizzle it was indeed the issue. The control is the large dial with wich one can move the cursor from cancel to ok.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Did you follow Canon's instructions exactly? The new FW file must be on the root of the SD card. If something is greyed out, it means that selection for whatever reason is not available and it could be because it can't find the FW file. It is also best to have a fully charged battery before you update FW perhaps the R6 is seeing that as a issue.

You know that the SD is a fully working SD? Formatted by the R6 or a Windows computer? D/l a new FW copy and make sure it is in the root directory

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I followed Canon’s instructions exactly . I formatted the SD card using the R6 mk2. I also downloaded a new copy from the Canon support website and the FW was placed in the root directory. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Thanks for confirming.  Believe you are there.  I use the control dial (rear) (like the guys mentioned) to move the focus from Cancel to OK.  Then press Set to execute the update.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements