cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5 Black Screen

JulCus
Contributor

Was shooting a day ago on M--today when I turned on my cam. I have a black screen.  Switched to AV and can change all settings except for shutter speed.  When I look through my lens, the shutter speed is flashing at 30".  I've taken out my battery--reformatted my card--turned off and on--but still black screen and even on M I can't change the shutter speed. 

5 REPLIES 5

JulCus
Contributor

I'm not sure how to cancel this discussion question about my R5, but the problem is resolved.  Embarrassing fix (my lens cap was on my lens) and I was panic mode bc I'm headed up to RMNP in a few hours and was checking out my gear.  I've had my hood on my lens...and don't usually put my lens cap on when it's on my camera. :-(.  So... please ignore my post.  Problem solved. 

Near the upper-right corner of your post, click on the icon just above the date and time.  Of the options in there should be "Delete".

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

First, try resetting the camera.  See page 803 of the User Manual.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have the "Lock" button on? It disables some controls when activated.

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

JulCus,

I was once charged with giving a presentation to a Lions Club (business-related, not photography-related).

I was using a computer and a projector. Thee were 50 people in the audience. I struggled and struggled trying to get my computer to talk to the projector. All I was getting was a black screen. After struggling for10 minutes or so, a member of the audience calmly walked up and took my lens cap off.

I know how you feel.

Steve Thomas

Announcements