cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 AF Problem & Won't Display Photos

kelcirichard
Apprentice

My EOS Rebel T7 I have been having maybe a year or so. In the past couple of months it has been acting weird. When I turn on the camera it is like it’s trying to focus by itself and I am unable to see anything when snapping a picture. The lens constantly is trying to focus and it makes a beeping/clicking noise. It will allow me to take a picture but I can not view it unless I take the card out and upload to computer. Every now and then the camera will stop doing this and be normal.. how do I stop this and what is causing it? I love my camera but it is driving me crazy! 

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What lens are you using?  Turn off the AF switch on the lens. 

I have also seen that type of behavior when the camera is in movie mode.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

This issue applies to every lens. When AF is turned off it fixes the focusing issue but unfortunately still nothing appears on the screen. I can’t look at my gallery on the camera.

Hello Ermiltea welcome to the forums. Will the camera work normally with the lens removed.

-Demetrius

EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF 50 F/1.8 STM & EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM

EOS 40D & 5D Mark IV

430EX III-RT & 600EX II-RT 

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Ermiltea
Apprentice

I have the same issue with my T7

Announcements