cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing on Refurbished EOS R

reale00
Apprentice

Hi all - considering a used EOS R for my next camera and primarily looking at options from MPB and KEH. It would be nice to get it from Canon directly since I hear of people getting decent deals on some things, but it's still listed at over $1600 from them. This is compared to used prices of around $1k from MPB/KEH or around $1400 new from anyone that still has them in stock. Can I expect this price from Canon to go down and come close to or maybe match what others are doing, given the recent release of the R8? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I recommend that you check out prices for new ones at B&H.  It’s cheaper!

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Given Canon put time and materials into the refurbishment process and offer a guarantee with the unit, you might want to relate that to the alternative offers.  Note that not all refurb units of the same model are the same price.  More expensive ones may be essentially new and returned from stores after demonstration: which may mean they have little use, and others may have had an issue with packaging or returned because the wrong choice was made, again making them new in essence. 

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements