cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No video signal in Zoom or ODS from EOS6D using EOS Webcam Utility OR EOS Webcam Utility Beta

AlexA
Apprentice

Hello. 

I've been trying for a long time to get my EOS 6D to work with EOS Webcam Utility and EOS Webcam Utility Beta. 

My EOS6D camera is around year 2009.  Are there different versions of the EOS 6D?  And is it possible that my older one doesn't support Webcam Utility? 

The issue is in Zoom or in OBS, I just don't get any signal from the camera. 

In Zoom:  When selecting EOS Webcam Utility, and trying to start video, I get the message: "Failed to start the video camera". 

In Zoom:  When selecting EOS Webcam Utility Beta (older version), the video starts, but i just get the default Webcam Utility splash image.  (no video from the camera). 

I tried restarting my computer.   
I also tried quitting EOS Utility, and made sure it doesn't start on startup.   I can confirm that it's not running.

I also tried going through my task manager and force kiling everything that could be hogging a camera video input.  nothing else is running besides zoom. 

In Streamlabs OBS, the issue is:  no video signal, even though EOS Webcam Utility shows up as an input. 

Tried 2 USB cables that work with the EOS utility to download pics.  So cables are not the issue. 

I also updated my Firmware from 1.1.14 to latest: 1.1.19  (by using flash card loader)

Spent around 6 hours trying to get it to work so far.  Would really appreciate any help on this. 

OS is Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

computer is:  i9 11900K.  Z590 chipset. 

Thanks in advance,

Alex

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Canon recommends an Intel chipset, but I do not believe the Z590 is listed as being compatible and supported, yet. 

The EOS 6D was released in the fall of 2012.  Are you sure you are using an EOS 6D?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Perhaps 60D, which was released in 2010?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi, 

No it's in-fact an EOS 6D - full frame camera with the 24-105mm 1:4 USM lens.  It must've been 2012 then.  I must be mistaken about 2009.

So do you think it's my Z590 motherboard that's the issue?  And is there any ETA for when Canon will support Z590 architecture with 11th gen Intel CPUs?    Thanks in advance. 

@AlexA wrote:

Hi, 

No it's in-fact an EOS 6D - full frame camera with the 24-105mm 1:4 USM lens.  It must've been 2012 then.  I must be mistaken about 2009.

So do you think it's my Z590 motherboard that's the issue?  And is there any ETA for when Canon will support Z590 architecture with 11th gen Intel CPUs?    Thanks in advance. 

I would not expect the motherboard to be the issue, which assumes the new CPU follows the same architecture as the supported CPUs.

Try different USB ports.  If the camera is recognized by the regular EOS Utility, then that checks out the cable and hopefully the CPU, too.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements