cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New EOS rebel t7 locked up

Korrie1
Apprentice

Hello, I just bought a brand new EOS rebel t7 and I've taken about 80 pics so far. Today I was out to take pictures, snapped two with no problem, on the third snap the whole camera went blank and the red light at the bottom Left is on, solid not blinking. Anyone have any ideas that may help get it working again?

3 REPLIES 3

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Have you tried resetting the camera back to factory default yet. The camera will need to be in the creative zone ie (M, Av, Tv or P) modes. For the menu option to show up.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Before resetting, please power off, remove the memory card and power back on.  Does the camera turn or normally?

If so, power back off, re-insert the card and test again.  If you have another card, please test with it to.

Please tell us about the card or cards you are using with the camera.

What brand and model are they?

Where were they purchased?

Are they full size or micro with an adapter?  (only full size cards should be used)

Were they formatted in the camera prior to use?

Last question, what lens (brand / model) was attached and in use when this happened?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Rick has the solution. You need to do the tedious elimination process to try and ascertain what went wrong. SD card first, battery and charger, lens of course discard any non-Canon brand accessories like a grip or off brand batteries.

"Have you tried resetting the camera back to factory default yet." Don't do thus yet. It is a good first choice when everything is working just not like you expected. It isn't so good when nothing is working.

Never ever use a micro-SD card with adapter.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements