cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needing help deciding on a camera and lens for barrel racing, wildlife, senior photos

ActionStill
Apprentice

I am needing a camera to take action shots like barrel racing both indoors as well as outside.  I also take a lot of wildlife & still photos such as senior pictures.  I want an internal stabilizer & need to stay under $1000.00.  Would be great not to have to manipulate the camera settings a lot other than turning the dial.  Exp.  I had to do less with my EOS Rebel T6 than my XSi.  Also, looking for lens that would be best.

5 REPLIES 5

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

What problems are you facing with your current gear. It sounds like your already set with gear. But what are you looking to upgrade to?

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What deficiencies are there in your current setup?

To make any noticeable improvement will break your budget.

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

ActionStill,

If you want internal stabilization, you'll probably have to look at the used market for the kind of money you want to spend.

Steve Thomas

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

You might already be set up.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

So far, I cannot see a clear definition of what gear you have:
I assume from your comment that you have the Rebel T6.  What precisely is wrong with the body, or is it the optic that is the issue?
What lenses do you currently have?
When you say 'internal stabilizer' do you mean within the lens or the body?
What do you produce: by which I mean images for social media, digital display, small prints, large prints (>11"x19")

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements