cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new Canon Rebel T7 is releasing the shudder on it’s own, but only in live mode...

Vvixen
Apprentice
I got the Canon Rebel T7 about a month ago and this is the first time I’ve really tested it out. From the first time I used like mode and kept it on, it has been releasing the shudder by itself. It’s is not taking pictures because when I browse my taken photos they aren’t there. After it releases shudder there is a black screen with no photo (since no photo was taken). I’m going to Best Buy in a few days to try to get this fixed, but until then I figured I’d see if anybody knows how to fix this. I’ve already tried resetting my camera settings and setting my AEB to 0, but nothing has worked.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@Vvixen wrote:
I got the Canon Rebel T7 about a month ago and this is the first time I’ve really tested it out. From the first time I used like mode and kept it on, it has been releasing the shudder by itself. It’s is not taking pictures because when I browse my taken photos they aren’t there. After it releases shudder there is a black screen with no photo (since no photo was taken). I’m going to Best Buy in a few days to try to get this fixed, but until then I figured I’d see if anybody knows how to fix this. I’ve already tried resetting my camera settings and setting my AEB to 0, but nothing has worked.

How long are you activating Live View. The camera will time out and close Live View after a period of time, same as it will power off if you just half press the shutter button. You can adjust the time out value in the Menu.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

John_
Authority

The first thing to do is reset it back to its defaults thru the settings menu 

Vvixen
Apprentice
John_
As I stated, I already tried that

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@Vvixen wrote:

How long are you activating Live View. The camera will time out and close Live View after a period of time, same as it will power off if you just half press the shutter button. You can adjust the time out value in the Menu.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Quiet
Enthusiast

"it has been releasing the shudder by itself."

I have a T7 and its shutter definitely makes it shudder! 😄

But seriously folks, is there any chance you're actually hearing the mirror flipping up as it would to initiate Live View? I can't imagine how it could do that by itself but are you handling it at the time and accidentally thumbing the button to the right of the viewfinder?

Vvixen
Apprentice
John Hoffman was right! I just had to change the time out value. For some reason the shutter sounds every time it times out. Sorry for being so dense guys, thank you 🙂

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Thats because when in Live View the mirror is up and the shutter is open.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements