Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My R6 Mk II's Mystery: Custom Shooting Modes

aurel81
Apprentice

Hello Canon - Community

finally i got my R6 Mark II 😉 
i am wondering why the Custom Shooting Modes are loosing some settings (i.e. intervall - settings) after powering the camera off, although automatic update is on ... settings are kept by changing into another shooting-mode and back

or basicly what settings are stored in the CSMs, it seems as if i.e. flightmode isnt part of it.
Can you explain it or help me ? 
Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi aurel81,

Thanks for checking in.

I suggest that you try doing tests where you disable AUTO UPDATE SET in the Custom Shooting Modes. Then go in and register the current photo settings to C1.

After you've registered the settings, go ahead and change the settings to something else and then put the camera in the C1 mode. If the prior settings show up then that tells us that the settings are registering properly.

Try to power down the camera and power it back on. How do the settings look when you turn the dial to C1 at that point?

To help us get a better sense of what you're facing, please elaborate on what happens when you try those steps.

aurel81
Apprentice

Helly Nick2020,

thank you for your answer. Indeed, deactivating AUTO UPDATE solves the issue, that the intervallsettings disappears after shutting down the camera.
I am wondering why i.e.the "peep" settings are saved in the individual shooting modes, but not the selected folder, filename (i really would like to use i.e. C3 as timelaps setting and get the pictures in their own folder)
Same airplane mode is set generally and not saved into C1/3
is this as intened or a bug/missing feature 😉 ?

Announcements