I have four SD cards, Sandisk of various stripes, 128 through 16G. Today when I went to the camera I got the "can't access card, format card or change card" message. No ERR, just that. I've done all the possible research and haven't found a solution yet. I can try buying a new card but why would that work? I've had the camera a few weeks and really fell in love with it Dang! Win 10 Home Pro 24G RAM, Gigabyte Mobo, i5 CPU. Help! There are older posts on this board but they haven't helped me.
As it turns out, there was a broken pin inside the card reader slot. I have NEVER had a problem like this. The camera was purchased via eBay. I sent it back to the seller, who accepted my return but wanted to claim that I had done the damage. I am still waiting my refund from eBay. It's been about two weeks.
after a bunch of questions they they said I will conet you then I was disconected. The other time i went to the help line and got thfough the questions they said that model info is online only so another dead end.
First, go into the menu and reset all camera settings and all custom functions. Instructions for that will be in your manual.
Then set camera to P(rogram) mode on the dial and go outside in daylight and try to take a picture.
If that doesn't clear up the problem, a few suggestions:
1. is there a camera club near you. Often if you go to a meeting someone might be able to help you. I know my club does that.
2. is there a camera store near you
3. here is the website for Canon support: Canon U.S.A., Inc. | Service & Repair
4. Midwest Camera has been recommended by some folks on this forum
5. Cameraworks of Colorado Springs has been recommended by folks on the Ugly HedgeHog site
I have no direct experience with either of them.