cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M6 Mark II Help with internal battery question

djjoonie
Apprentice

Hello all, i have m6ii but the date and time resets every time i swap the battery. if i swap it within a sec, it doesnt reset sometimes. So my question is how come it only resets the date and time if its the internal memory battery that is not working? the wifi, bluetooth settings and all my camera settings are all intact even if i leave out the battery for much longer. I already tried the clear all settings on p mode m mode video mode etc. please help! thank you!

11 REPLIES 11

krahe
Rising Star
Rising Star

I think most devices that can handle being without power for a short time have a small, internal battery to maintain essential functions, like remembering settings and keeping the TOD clock updated. However, if that battery goes bad, then even those basic functions are going to start failing. It sounds like that might be what you're encountering. In some devices these are basically watch batteries that can be changed by opening up the device. But I have no idea what the M6 has. (Or any modern camera, for that matter.)

Kevin Rahe
EOS M50 Mark II

Hi,

EOS M6 mark II loses time/date every time I remove the battery. I got cost estimate for more then 400 $ from canon service support. Maybe you know another way to fix issue?

thanks

Ted

Looking through this forum, and considering my own experience, I am starting to conclude that this is an M6 Mark II design flaw.  I've only seen this on older cameras and devices that had a user-serviceable battery you could change.   I also believe there is no store of repair parts that Canon could fix this with, so what happens is that you wind up buying a refurbished EOS M6 Mark II.   It hasn't happened on my refurbished one, but ... we'll see.

AlanRamirez19
Apprentice

Did you solve the problem? I have the issue with my m6 mark ii

EOS M6 mark II loses time/date every time I remove the battery. I got cost estimate for more then 400 $ from canon service support. Maybe you know another way to fix issue?

thanks

Ted

tadeuszstanczyk
Contributor

EOS M6 mark II loses time/date every time I remove the battery. I got cost estimate for more then 400 $ from canon service support. Maybe somebody  knows another way to fix issue?

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

I remember one forum member fixed a similar issue by resetting all camera settings and custom settings back to default, but I don't remember which camera he had. Maybe worth a shot,

Thanks 

Ted

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did resetting to default help your issue?

Announcements