cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M50 touch screen not responding

pasxalis
Apprentice

i just bought a brand new canon M50. the touch screen was only fuctioning properly when i turned on the camera for the first time, while trying to set the time. At the bottom left side of the screen when i shoot smth seems it has been turned off, how can i turn it on/activate it?

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@pasxalis wrote:

i just bought a brand new canon M50. the touch screen was only fuctioning properly when i turned on the camera for the first time, while trying to set the time. At the bottom left side of the screen when i shoot smth seems it has been turned off, how can i turn it on/activate it?

Try switching the camera to P mode on the shooting dial, and look in the menu for the option to reset the camera back to factory defaults.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

pasxalis
Apprentice

when i took out the battery for the whole night and the ssd card the next morning, the camera started fuctioning properly.however when i used  put my eye in the viewfinder, it again started not to function

@pasxalis wrote:

when i took out the battery for the whole night and the ssd card the next morning, the camera started fuctioning properly.however when i used  put my eye in the viewfinder, it again started not to function

Does it work when your eye is not at the viewfinder?  Many cameras have a sensor that disables the touch screens when it detects, or thinks, someone looking through a viewfinder.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements