cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked photos

Monkeymom17
Contributor

On my mac my photos started to download in locked position. I checked my sim card and that wasn't locked. I check ,y mac info and thats not locked but when you transfer a photo to shutterfly or my phone they are black. So I have to open my photo and unclick the lock button. I take photos at my boys football and hockey games and it ery frustrating when I have to open 300 photos and save as a copy. I had my mac cleaned and they did a back up and its still doing the same thing. Can you help

16 REPLIES 16

my bad it was iphotos its now photos

I think you need a new plug-in from shutterfly. I just tried it with Mail - I don't normally use the share - and it worked fine.

Is your library located on an external drive?

I will try that, How would I know if my library  is locked. Can you explain how I would check

Click on the library and use file->get Info.

2 other common troubleshooting techinques:

Start up the computer in safe mode, does it happen then?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

Create a new user account and a new Photos Library. Import a few images. Does the problem still happen?

I don't know that I can troubleshoot this remotely, you might need to take it to the Genius Bar at the Apple Store.

Thank you, We tried apple they had my computer for a week and claimed there was no issue. I will try your idea. Thnak you so much for all your help

I tired everything and spent two hours with apple and they can't solve it either. going to try and bring my camera to a photo store and see if its my camera.

Thank you for trying

Two things to try on the camera:

1. after you have shot a bunch of images, try to unlock them all:

Untitled.jpg

2. Reformat the card in the camera.

Announcements