cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked photos

Monkeymom17
Occasional Contributor

On my mac my photos started to download in locked position. I checked my sim card and that wasn't locked. I check ,y mac info and thats not locked but when you transfer a photo to shutterfly or my phone they are black. So I have to open my photo and unclick the lock button. I take photos at my boys football and hockey games and it ery frustrating when I have to open 300 photos and save as a copy. I had my mac cleaned and they did a back up and its still doing the same thing. Can you help

16 REPLIES 16

Monkeymom17
Occasional Contributor

my bad it was iphotos its now photos

I think you need a new plug-in from shutterfly. I just tried it with Mail - I don't normally use the share - and it worked fine.

Is your library located on an external drive?

Monkeymom17
Occasional Contributor

I will try that, How would I know if my library  is locked. Can you explain how I would check

Click on the library and use file->get Info.

2 other common troubleshooting techinques:

Start up the computer in safe mode, does it happen then?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

Create a new user account and a new Photos Library. Import a few images. Does the problem still happen?

I don't know that I can troubleshoot this remotely, you might need to take it to the Genius Bar at the Apple Store.

Monkeymom17
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, We tried apple they had my computer for a week and claimed there was no issue. I will try your idea. Thnak you so much for all your help

Monkeymom17
Occasional Contributor

I tired everything and spent two hours with apple and they can't solve it either. going to try and bring my camera to a photo store and see if its my camera.

Thank you for trying

Two things to try on the camera:

1. after you have shot a bunch of images, try to unlock them all:

Untitled.jpg

2. Reformat the card in the camera.