cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Got M6 MK II - No Firmware & Other Items in Menu!

ArchiMark
Apprentice

Hi,

Just received a like new M6 MKII camera.

In going through menu items on screen 5 of Settings, I can't find item for 'Firmware' or other items as shown on page 525 of the manual.

Have scrolled through the screens several times.

Only item shown on screen 5 is 'Manual/software URL'.

Seems very odd!

And seems like I might need to do a firmware upgrade to restore the menu. However, how would I do that if I can't select 'Firmware' in menu?

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

Mark

M6 MKII Newb

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

Hello, Mark, and welcome to the forum!

Try putting it in one of the creative zones, like P, Tv, etc. If in a basic zone, like auto (green square), all menu items are not available. Also, since it is used/refurbished it would be a good idea to reset the camera back to factory defaults including anything in the custom settings (C1, C2, etc.).

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

Hello, Mark, and welcome to the forum!

Try putting it in one of the creative zones, like P, Tv, etc. If in a basic zone, like auto (green square), all menu items are not available. Also, since it is used/refurbished it would be a good idea to reset the camera back to factory defaults including anything in the custom settings (C1, C2, etc.).

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

ArchiMark
Apprentice

THANK YOU, Newton!

You're a genius!.....well, at least a Canon one.....

😀

Onward and upward....

Mark

You are welcome, Mark.

Genius? Nah, just another user that's been there. I do hope you enjoy your new camera.

Newton

Announcements