cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this something from the twilight zone or just Canon cameras ??

Robodot
Enthusiast

when the camera is tapped, either on a tripod or hand held, the image distorts on the live view screen, even with the slightest movement vibration.

Its like the image stabilization lens is moving, half pressing the shutter activates IS and it diminishes some.

is this normal or twilight zone abnormal phenomenon ??

60d, all lenses

0223191130_Moment.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Buy a new camera!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@Robodot wrote:

when the camera is tapped, either on a tripod or hand held, the image distorts on the live view screen, even with the slightest movement vibration.

Its like the image stabilization lens is moving, half pressing the shutter activates IS and it diminishes some.

is this normal or twilight zone abnormal phenomenon ??

60d, all lenses

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Buy a new camera!

Robo,

I thought you were a Lumix man?

We've been round and round and I can see deep down you know which camara manufacturer is at the top of the heap.  I really can't compare my 6D2 to your 60D, however, I can tell you with certainty it doesn't suffer the "phenomenon" you are experuencing when bumped in LiveView.

Maybe it is indeed time to heed our suggestions, recommendations., etc.  The 60D is just shy of 9yrs old.  This isn't a classic car.  +1 Buy a new body. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements