cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to charge a Canon camera battery pack using a USB port?

bkroczak
Apprentice

Is it possible to charge a Canon camera battery pack using a USB port?

6 REPLIES 6

Peter
Authority
Authority
Search for canon eos charger usb on Ebay.

Thx!

Are you asking if you can charge the battery IN CAMERA using the USB cable? Or are you looking to charge it out of camera with a USB powered charger? It can't be charged in camera via the USB cable.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Either is fine. I looked on ebay and battery pack chargers seem to be available to plug into USB ports. Until now my cameras only took regular batteries. I'm not sure if it will take an awful lot longer than charging at 110V but at least it's possible.

Tell us how it works after. you got it.

@bkroczak wrote:
Either is fine. I looked on ebay and battery pack chargers seem to be available to plug into USB ports. Until now my cameras only took regular batteries. I'm not sure if it will take an awful lot longer than charging at 110V but at least it's possible.

I'd be surprised if this effort pans out. The only Canon camera I've ever owned that could charge its own battery was a G-5. And I'm pretty sure it didn't do it through a USB port. It had, IIRC, a special charging port. and the charger itself ran on 110VAC.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements