cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is canon rebel t7 good for videos?

Ali_j
Apprentice

Hello! After finally figuring out how to record on my camera (I was just hitting the wrong button)I realized that I can’t get videos off it threw the app… Would an iPhone plug card reader work to retrieve my videos? Also is this a good camera for videos? I mostly do photography but would I like to use it for videos if I can but I’m not sure how the sound quality is. Should I just buy a vlog camera or is there a way to make this one work? It’s a canon rebel t7 

Have a blessed day. 

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

“Is the T7 good for videos?”

Yes, and no.  

Yes, the T7 can capture sharp videos.  It would work well as a webcam for video conferencing.  It would work well for recording “talking head” videos that you often see on YouTube. 

No, the T7 cannot refocus and track moving subjects while in video mode.  If you need the camera to refocus, then the user must tell the camera where to refocus.  The T7 is not well suited for “run and gun” style of video recording.

Put it on a tripod.  Aim and focus.  Hit record.  That is what it does best.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Like all video, it thrives on a lot of light.

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I have a T7; manual says for videos to use a a card designated SD Speed Class (6) or higher. Regular card will be slow. BTW, might be good to download the 326 page manual as a shortcut for quick reference. I frequently refer to it.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I never cared for DLSRs for video; preferring dedicated video equipment instead.  Beyond what others have already pointed out, here are other gotchas with your current DLSR for video (depending upon content you're producing, some could be minor or major):

• Rolling shutter can be extreme.
  • Most lenses made for photography will exhibit focus breathing when used for video
  • 30-minute maximum continuous record time
  • No method to switch system frequency to capture true 24 fps.
  • No motorized zoom (the one thing I also miss from moving from a camcorder to the cinema cameras; servo lenses are way beyond my budget).
--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
Announcements