cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inherited EOS 40D & EOS 60D - Restoration, checking images left on them

Kburke13
Apprentice

I recently inherited some of my dad’s beloved cameras, a Canon EOS40D and a 60D with some awesome lenses. I’m trying to find the best way to get them up and running and learn to use them but also see if there were any pics or info left in the drives of them. I’m blew to this. Can anyone give some rookie advice and perhaps tell me what I’ll need to get them up and running. I’ve bought battery chargers and cords because I didn’t see his.  Thanks so much 

5 REPLIES 5

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

The cameras don't have any internal storage. Even the newest cameras today don't have any internal storage. The EOS 40D uses what are called "CF" (Compact Flash) cards. The 60D uses the more familiar SD Cards. What lenses do you have currently. Both of your cameras use EF or EF-S lenses. Lenses with the prefix EF-MRF RF-S aren't compatible with your camera. I still own an EOS 40D body. Do you have any other accessories with the cameras too. Like speedlites (external flashes). Stick with the OEM battery and chargers for your cameras. The EOS 60D battery is still used by new cameras today. That camera uses the LP-E6 series of battery. The EOS 40D battery has been discontinued by Canon. For camera related purposes but only from reputable companies. Amazon Marketplace IS NOT a reputable place to buy camera gear. 

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Those are the ones I have on hand. That’s about it. I know he used to take spectators photos and was well versed in photography and I want to learn to use these and expand on them thanks for your reply 

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

There are manuals available for your cameras:
Canon EOS 40D User Manual PDF 
Canon EOS 60D User Manual PDF 

For a general guidance on using cameras  suggest having a look at the following video:
Learn Photography - Simple, Practical - Free Photography Course 1/10 - YouTube

The following is a list of video guides on the EOS 60D:
(1) canon eos 60d tutorial for beginners - YouTube

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements