cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a like new 7d mark 2 and periodically it will shoot a blank white shot? In manual only

Tim7DM2
Contributor

I have a like new 7d mark 2 and periodically it will shoot a blank white shot? In manual only . Is this a user setting issue? I just bought the camera like new condition 

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Give us a complete picture of the hardware environment.  Lens(es) you are using, battery, memory card, brand model, (full size, micro SD with adapter) etc.  Are the lenses Canon or 3rd party?  Is the battery OEM?  

Have you performed a full reset of the camera (main and custom settings) and set it up from scratch?  If not, please do so and retest.

Now tell us how we can reproduce the behavior.  Steps, settings, etc. 

Always happens when I...  Only happens when...

Thanks

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I used to experience similar issues.  I would have the occasional really bad over/under exposure.  I no longer have that problem, but I never really found a solution or what caused it.  All that I have is circumstantial evidence.

I wondered if I was unknowing tapped [AEL] between shots or during focusing.  I had no way to really test for that circumstance.  I began using BBF.  My thumb had something to do.  The issue went away and has never returned.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yes indeed thank you. I think I just panicked is all. I may be doing something.. I'll pay more attention. Today when I experienced this, I had no time to evaluate or trouble shoot. It may be a simple user error. I don't see it being the sensor or such because its only what seemed to be in manual mode when I flip to shutter priority or aperture priority it didn't do it then I changed lens put it back to manual and it did it again only once. Tomorrow Ibwill get to the bottom of the issue then follow up on this thread. Thanks guys

Tim7DM2
Contributor

Ok so I went out late last night and did some low light shooting and the issue never presented itself in any mode. So that leads me to believe it was the battery being low caused a type of low voltage delay or sticky shutter type of mishap. Today I plan to test again. Might I add the 7dm2 despite of common reviews performed very well in low light situations. This like new camera will be my smaller sensor camera that I will keep around as a personal collectable keepsake. My first Love was Canon. 

Announcements