cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a eos rebel t3 the outfaces points were bright red dots and now the dots are fuzzy

dglover
Apprentice

5 REPLIES 5

DennyP
Contributor

Did you try turning the diopter adjustment or maybe the front of the viewfinder is dirty ?..I have a T3 too, how do you like it ?

I tried turning the dopler adjustment and I could not tell a difference.  I like the T3 a lot I took it to sylvan heights bird park.  I used a EFS-55-250 Telephoto lens and got some super photos.  The one thing that I enjoy the most is not having to use photoshop to adjust the photos before printing.

Mykolas
Authority

dglover,

If focusing the viewfinder using the dioptic adjustment does not resolve the issue, the camera will need to be examined by our Factory Service Center to determine what is causing this.

To start your repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Mike,

How long does it take for the Repair Process if I send the camera after the Thanksgiving Holiday?  (Nov 30, 2012)

I will be going to Asheville to Bultmore Estate.  Is the camera insured if it is under warrenty.  I am also not sure that I did the doplier adjustment correctly.  Could you help me  with some instructions.  I world be sending it from Youngsville, NC.  About how long would it take for the repair and to get it sent back to me? 

Thank You for your hellp

Troy Glover

You'll find the Dioptric Adjustment Knob to the upper-right of the viewfinder, just outside of the eyecup. While looking through the viewfinder, turn this knob right or left until the auto focus points are clear.

It normally takes a couple of days for your camera to be checked in and evaluated, once it arrives at the Factory Service Center. Once repairs begin, they'll typically take 5 to 7 days to complete. Your camera will be returned to you via 2nd Day FedEx.

The Canon warranty does not provide insurance against damage to the camera. As mentioned below, we do recommend choosing a shipper that can provide a tracking number and insurance against loss, theft or damage. Here's how to send your camera in for service, if required:

Please ship your camera to the Factory Service Center shown below.  When shipping your Canon camera, please be sure to remove the lens, batteries, memory cards, and any other accessories.  Please put the body cap on your camera, in lieu of the lens.  Please do not send any other accessories or manuals when shipping the camera.

Just fill in (right on your computer) this document, Print a copy for your own records (You can't save it with your information) and a copy to send with your camera.

www.usa.canon.com/app/pdf/dealer/FSC.pdf

Please attach a copy of your receipt to this form, if your camera is less than one year old.

Please wrap your camera in at least 2 Inches of bubble wrap (or a suitable similar material) and pack your camera, snuggly, into a sturdy box.  We recommend against using the original Canon box.

As we do not provide RMA numbers for service, we suggest using a trackable and insurable service (i.e.  UPS, Federal Express, Priority Mail) to ship your camera.  Please package the camera very securely in a sturdy shipping box to prevent damage during shipment.

Please send your camera to the following address:

Canon Factory Service Center
12022 Canon Blvd
Newport News, VA 23606

Upon arrival at the Factory Service Center, your Canon camera will be logged in to our repair database and assigned a repair number.  Next, it will be examined and you will be advised of the findings.  If the required repairs are covered by the warranty, the repairs will begin immediately, and you will not be contacted.  When the repairs are complete, the camera will be shipped back to you via Federal Express.  The length of time for the repair will be dependent upon the nature of the repair and availability of parts, if needed.  Usually, warranted repairs are completed within approximately 5 and 7 business days of the camera's arrival at the Factory Service Center.

All decisions regarding warranty coverage are made by the Factory Service Center at the time of repair.  If the repair entails something that is not covered in warranty, a written estimate will be sent to you at the address that you have provided.  The repairs to your camera will not begin until you approve this estimate and make payment arrangements.  If, after receiving the estimate, you do not wish to have the camera repaired, please inform the Factory Service Center of your decision as soon as possible.  If you decline the estimate, the camera will be shipped back to you unrepaired.

Once you have confirmed with your shipper that the camera has been delivered, you are more than welcome to contact us for repair updates.  Please include your name, address, and telephone number, as well as the serial number of the camera, in all repair status inquiries.  If you prefer to check the repair status by phone, please call the Canon Customer Care Center at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666).  Agents are available Monday through Friday, from 8 AM to Midnight ET, and on Saturdays from 10 AM to 8 PM ET.  Again, please have the serial number of the camera available when you call.

Please note that our U.S.  Factory Service Centers are unable to accept packages from or return equipment to addresses outside the United States.

I hope this helps.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements